Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Tasman Island


We did an awesome cruise (well I wouldn't have called it a cruise, more like a bumpy ride) down at the Tasman Peninsula. So much amazing scenery. I took hundreds of photos and I thought it would be nice to share.A picture of the Candlestick in the distance.

Some seals - there were heaps of seals


Not bad photography if I may say so myself! I do really enjoy taking photos and so wish I had a better camera so that I could do it better.


I was in awe of the hight of some of these rocks - and people climb them!


The lighthouse and a residence on Tasman Island. No one lives there anymore, but in the old days they used to have to winch the lighthouse keeper up the side of the island - it was the only way onto the island.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Totally awesome! Your photography and Tasman...where is that btw?

Drooling...

~Lily

Tracy said...

Thanks Tulip's Talking, it is easy to forget about how beautiful our own back yard is.

I forgot to mention for any of my readers who may not live anywhere near me that the Tasman Penisula is the southeastern tip of Tasmania. And for anyone reading who doesn't know where Tasmania is, it's that little island off the bottom of Australia.