Monday, August 25, 2008

Where oh where have I been?

It feels like forever since I have posted. I have been getting on the net but have been a bit lazy with my blogging. I think I just ran out of steam a bit. I have been furoiusly applying for new jobs, I am sooooo over my current one and somehow I don't think I'm going to make it big in the world of online selling in the extremely near future. I was dreaming about it the other day though. Chris and I were driving along the road to Nubeena and I said, 'we need to set a lucrative internet business so that we can come and live in the middle of nowhere!' Ah to be able to work from home like that would be heaven.

Something else had been keeping me occupied over the last couple of days also. We have new addition to our family. On Saturday we welcomed Orion the husky pup to our household. Whilst Ghost the big husky pup is rather excited about it he is still a bit overwhelmed.

But here they are looking ever so friendly and cute togther. This was just after thier big walk this afternoon.

What surprised me the most about the whole excercise of bringing home a new pup was that it only took Ghost a short time to decide that rather than kill him it might be better to figure out what he was first. Orion caused more of a problem. The fact that Ghost scared the poop out of Orion when he first arrived meant that Orion wouldn't let Ghost anywhere near him and kept yapping at him and snapping at poor Ghosts nose. Finally, about 4 hours later Orion decided that it might me ok if Ghost had a bit of a sniff and they sat nicely together for the first time. We have had a few times since then where they have been less than friendly but we have figured that it is all part of the process of establishing the pecking order and that as long as we keep an eye on them they will be alright.

With that, I think I will leave with a couple more cute photos.

5 comments:

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

Adorable puppy! And Ghost is pretty cute too ;)

Anonymous said...

OMGoodness! What beautiful furfamily!

When bringing home a new pet, I always found it worked well to give the current and new a bath before the big introduction. Give them both the same smell and everyone knows that those who bath together, play together!

~Lily :D

LazyTcrochet said...

Aww they're so cute! I miss my huskies. We had a big male similar to yours named Blue and we had his daughter Hannah, who was blonde and looked like a coyote.

storybeader said...

that little one is so cute - looks like an unproportional pup, like young ones do. Ghost is beautiful - I always liked huskies, but I don't think they would be happy in the south. SO CUTE!

Mama Z said...

So cute! I wish they could stay little forever!