And I've decided to share a yummy recipie with you all. Mmmmmm, it's making my mouth water as I think about telling you what's in it!
Chocolate, Caramel & Peanut Slice
Melted butter, to grease
190g (1 1/4 cups) self-raising flour
70g (1/3, firmly packed) brown sugar
120g butter, melted
1 x 395g can sweetened condensed milk
70g (1/3 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
Chocolate & peanut topping
150g (1 cup) unsalted raosting peanuts
300g good-quality dark cooking chocolate, coarsely chopped
80ml (1/3 cup) thickened cream
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Brush a 13 x 30cm loaf pan with melted butterto lightly grease. Line the base and 2 opposite sides with non-stick baking paper, allowing the sides to overhang.
2. To make the biscuit base, combine the flour and sugar in a medium bowl. Add the melted butter and stir till just combined. Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan and press firmly over the base. Bake for 20min or until just golden.
3. Meanwhile, to make the caramel filling, combine the condensed milk, sugar and butter in a medium saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring constantly with a wooden spooon, for 8 minutes or until the caramel thickens (do not let the mixture boil).
4. Pour the hot caramel over the biscuit base. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until the caramel begins to bubble. Set aside for 1 hour to cool slightly.
5. To make the chocolate and peanut topping, sprinkle the caramel evenly with peanuts. Place the chocolate and thickened cream in a medium saucepan over a low heat and stir with a metal spoon until the chocolate melts and the mixture is smooth. Pour the chocolate mixture evenly over the peanuts and use a round blade knife to smooth the surface.
6. Place in the fridge for 1-2 hours to set. Cut into 16 pieces to serve.
You can omit the peanuts if you don't like them or are allergic - I have made this without them and it was just as yummy.
I also usually double the mix and make a bigger batch because we are greedy and love this so much - 16 small pieces is just not enough! (Plus the fact that I don't have the right sized tin to make the smaller batch)
This is the best ever caramel slice I have ever tasted and I have made it atleast a dozen times - it works out great every time - In fact, I think I have just decided what I am going to do tomorrow morning - mmmmmmmm
1 week ago